Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pick Your Own Produce

I went blueberry picking today at a local blueberry farm.

Blauwe Bessen

I did a little pricing and it seems like blueberries are going for an average of €1.50 per 125 grams, which puts them at about €12 per kilo. I don't know about you, but at that price I cannot afford to eat blueberries... unless I pick them myself! The "you pick" blueberry farm here charges €3 per kilo if you do the hard work yourself!

I found this Pick Your Own website which looks like a fantastic resource for finding pick your own farms. I'm going to submit a couple that I know of in The Netherlands and see if I can do a bit more digging around to find others local to me here.

Picking your own Works for Me! What works for you?

10 comments:

Home School Dad said...

We went blueberry picking on Saturday I think they were $2.25 a pound.

Sonya said...

Thats so cool that you were able to find a pick your own farm! I wish they had ones for corn on the cob. I saw at AH they had to teenie pathetic looking ones for 3 euros!
Im going to hunt around and see if I can find some in Enschede. I'd love some strawberries and other things. I dont mind picking at all!

The Redhead Riter said...

Yum! Too cool!

Enjoy a Tremendous Thursday!!!

Katie Lane said...

That looks like fun! Know what else is fun?! Being featured on Traveling The Blogosphere, go check you out!!

Tracey said...

We love picking blueberries! I have a good supply in the freezer right now for blueberry muffins, pies, pancakes, etc.!

Kate said...

Those look delicious!! Worth picking yourself, I'd say!

Sharinskishe said...

Wow! They look delicious!
Pick your own is so much fun. When I was in Norway, we went with some friends and picked strawberries from endless fields on a farm. That was such a fun day. Then with some other friends, I got to pick 'wild' blueberries, cloud berries, strawberries, and raspberries. That was a wonderful experience.

Have a great weekend.

Shari

Wizardress said...

Yummy. Were they good? I'm trying to talk Marcel into coming and making a day trip out of it. I think at 3 euro a kilo I'd like to buy about 4 kilos and put them in the freezer to last through the winter. YUM!!!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Yum-o! :) I just bought blueberries on sale at the grocery store for just under $2 a pound. I will freeze some of them, and might just have to make blueberry muffins this weekend with some of them. ;)

Summer said...

My son would LOOOOOVE blueberry picking! Fun!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails