Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Fragments- July 31. 2009

Friday Fragments are those bits and bobs from the week that aren't enough to constitute an entire post but interesting enough to want to share!

I've been going shorter and shorter recently with my haircuts... but I think the cut I got on Monday maybe went a -wee- bit shorter than I wanted. It doesn't look bad, but it's probably shorter than I'll go next time.

I ate lunch in a windmill yesterday.

DSCN1138

One of the ladies from the North American Women's Club is moving back to the US. I'm bummed about it. It's hard making friends here because there is a huge chance that they're going to be gone in a couple years.

Martijn replaced the backwards movement in our cute little key case and we installed it on the wall in the hallway! I think it's adorable.

Picture 2560

My biceps feel like I've been trying to bench-press buses in my spare time. I'm not entirely sure what has caused that because I don't think I've been making any wild movements or bench-pressing buses.

I spent a good portion of my Tuesday fixing two spokes on my bike. One of them was rather simple, but the other was on the "bad side" (behind the chain guard) and I had to disassemble and twist and bend the spoke. Hopefully it won't snap next week because then I'll cry.



Friday Fragments?
OrdinaryAndAwesome.com is the Chronicles of My Ordinary and Awesome Life, Family, and Thoughts. OrdinaryAndAwesome.com is the Mostly Wordless Wednesday headquarters as well as the home to several original awards and memes.
Now there are TWO Friday memes to link up to, so check out the Mr Linky's on both. You might meet a new friend, or two!.



*****


I'm going to be participating in Operation Organization over the next few weeks. The idea is to make a goal each week for reorganization and decluttering and post about it! I'm not sure if I want to post a picture of how scary the laundry room is right now, though it'll give me good incentive to go through it! I'll be posting before & after photos next Friday along with my goal for the next area!

19 comments:

Sara Elizabeth said...

Beautiful windmill. How neat that you ate lunch there.

I am sorry that when you make friends they usually move away. If you don't mind me asking, why is there a huge chance that friends will move away in a couple of years?

Sonya said...

I'm going to head to our local windmill and buy some flour there that they make themselves. I love the windmills here.
Im sorry about your american friend. I know what that feels like. You almost dont want to become good friends with anyone because alot go back home.

Love the key case and the birds!

Tijn said...

I still think it's hilarious that they called the restaurant "Don Quichote". Hilarious - and cruel at the same time!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

In a windmill? Was it windy? So not funny but I'm on Vicodin...cut me some slack!! :)

Hallie

Linds said...

I bet where you live is so beautiful! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Hope to inspire!

Mrs4444 said...

I'm really glad there is a North American Women's Club for people like you. It's always a risk, though, making a friendship that is likely to become a long distance one eventually. I've been there, and I learned the hard way that it's important to reach out/back while you have the opportunities; they might not always be there.

I love the key case-It's adorable :) Good luck getting organized!!

Unknown said...

Lunch in a windmill! How awesome is that!!!
Enjoyed your FF

Amy said...

How fun, I ate in a mill once. It wasn't a windmill, but a grain mill. Pretty neat. I love your clock, can't wait to see your laundry room before and after pics, and I adore your clock!

Sharinskishe said...

I love the key cabinet. The clock is so cute there. I have a plain key box that is smaller looking than yours, but I could fit a clock on it's front and I am sure that it would be cute. But not as cute as yours.

Hopefully your friend is Blogging or on Facebook, so that you can stay in touch. I know it isn't the same though, but at least you can still be connected.

Despite your sadness, have a wonderful weekend. We are all here for you! Sending hugs your way, make sure Martijn administers them to you!!! :)

Shari

Laryssa Herbert said...

Thanks for leaving your comment at Heaven In The Home! :-)

It's encouraging to see that others want something different than the thankless, consumer culture that is around us. Come by again soon.

Noodle said...

Hey there is no way your laundry room is worse than mine.... Mine is the entire basement... My pool table is taller than me with clean clothes stacked unfolded... Sammy thinks in order to get dressed we have to go downstairs... Silly girl but sadly true....

Gucci Mama said...

What a beautiful place to eat lunch!

brainella said...

Windmills are pretty nifty -- is it a restaurant? I'm ignorant in the ways of the windmill.

I'm impressed with your desire to organize. Clutter is my life. :-)

mommy4life said...

That windmill is beautiful!

Lori said...

LOVE that little key case...and the chubby little birds on top of it! Cute cute cute!!
Lunch in a windmill sounds fun!!

Diane said...

I too have to work on my laundry room. Thanks for motivating me to do this area soon. I look forward to seeing your pics.

Alea Milham said...

I love your Friday Fragments!

Great photo of the windmill.

It is also hard for military members to make friends because they rotate out every 2 - 3 years. My heart goes out to you!

Claudya Martinez said...

Maybe you've been doing push ups in your sleep.

Anonymous said...

What ωе recommend iѕ that peορle can οffeг a disсount
fоr thе first tгeаtment to these people to get thеm "in the door" so to sρeаk, anԁ thеn giѵe them such a good treatmеnt that they will
wаnt to сomе back, even if they ԁon't get their $10 back from their health fund. They are affordable as compared to typical individual health insurance policy. For people who go through this life changing process they not only have to go through treatment after treatment, but they also have to go through a whole other battle, with their insurance company.

Here is my web site: private healthcare

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails