Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Extra Moist and Tasty Potato Salad

I had a hankering for potato salad but every time I make it I'm disappointed... until now! I read on someone's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday last week that if you soak your potatoes in vinegar for your potato salad it will make it magically delicious. I can't find that blog entry though, so if it was you I am eternally grateful! I used pickle juice and mustard instead of vinegar but it worked very very well.

Potato Salad

You will need:

1 kg potatoes (around 2 pounds)- cubed, cooked* and drained well
1/4 cup sour pickle juice
1 tbsp yellow mustard
1/4 cup chopped pickles
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/4 cup mayonnaise (you can add more if you want your dressing saucier)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 ribs celery, chopped
2 hard boiled eggs, diced

Spread your warm cooked potatoes out on a baking sheet. Mix the mustard and half of the pickle juice (2 tbsp) together and drizzle over potatoes. Toss until they're evenly coated. Cool in the fridge for about a half an hour.

Mix the remaining pickle juice, pickles, salt, pepper, celery seed, mayo, sour cream, red onion and celery in a large bowl. Add potatoes and eggs and mix gently. Chill for an hour or so and enjoy!

*I like to use a steam bag in the microwave for my potatoes, but you can also cook them in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. If you boil them, add a little salt to the water when you do.

Be sure to check out Tasty Tuesday @ Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Tempt my Tummy Tuesday @ Blessed with Grace for more yummy recipes!

12 comments:

blushing rose said...

Yummy-nums! Haven't seen this version yet. TTFN ~Marydon

Noodle said...

Yummy!!! that looks so good... I'll have to try this next time I make potato salad...

Keetha Broyles said...

Looks like just my kind of potato salad!

mommy4life said...

This looks way yummy! I appreciate you sharing it! Thanks for stopping by today on my SITS day!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

That really does sound good. I am glad you were able to use advice from a TMTT participant. That is what this is all about!

Sharinskishe said...

Oh I love this idea. I have always added a bit of pickle juice to my dressing, but to soak the potatoes?- THIS IS AWESOME!

Now to make the salad. I have one large, extra large potato, left, 'cuz Hubby ate the other one last night. But, this one potato would feed the kids and myself, so I am going to make this for lunch today.

Thanks! Have a wonderful day.................

Shari

Wizardress said...

Looks and sounds good. I've never heard of that. I add crumbled bacon to potato salad when I make it, and chopped green olives. Surprisingly, even people who don't care for olives, love this potato salad.. My ex- who hated potato salad, even liked it. I never make it anymore though.

YUM! How ar eyou?

Life Abroad said...

Wow that looks delicious! Potato salad is one of my favourite foods, so I will have to try out this recipe! Thanks for posting this!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

This does look tasty!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog you havе hеre but ӏ was wondering if you knew οf any mеssage boards that cover the ѕamе topics talked about herе?
I'd really love to be a part of group where I can get comments from other knowledgeable people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Cheers!

my homepage; Actualidadetnica.com

Anonymous said...

It's going to be finish of mine day, however before ending I am reading this wonderful article to increase my know-how.

My webpage http://safalaya.com/TamFite

Anonymous said...

Do you mіnԁ if I quote a couplе of your pοsts as
long as I provide credit anԁ sourcеs back to your blog?
My wеbsite is in thе exaсt same aгea of intereѕt aѕ yοuгs
anԁ mу visitоrs would truly benefit frоm а lοt of the informatіon yοu provіde
here. Plеasе let me know if this οkay ωith you.
Cheеrs!

Feеl fгee to visit my wеb sitе:
juicing Vegetables

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails