Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday Fragments- July 17, 2009

Friday Fragments are the little leftover bits kicking around in your head that don't really warrant having their own post! Join in by clicking on the links at the bottom of this post.

After reading my post yesterday about my magical Tupperware mixing bowl, Martijn said "I didn't know you bought that JUST to make pancakes... don't you think that's a bit silly?" NO! No I do not think it is silly! It's the best pancake bowl in the universe, and I had many comments to that effect. I told Martijn and he shouted "That just means you're ALL bonkers!"

I bought a bunch of carrots this week and while I was sorting some out to peel and eat, this teeny teeny one fell out. I had to take a picture and then I couldn't stop giggling because I was imagining it was normal sized and I just had REALLY BIG HANDS! What can I say, it was a slow week.

Teeny Carrot


If you have the opportunity to watch "Hogfather," I highly HIGHLY recommend it. It is a movie based on a Terry Pratchett novel and it is absolutely brilliant. One of my favorite lines is when Death says "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom?"

We had less rain this week than last and I didn't get soaked to the bone every time I went outside!

I'm going to a Tupperware party tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll buy anything because I don't think I'm willing to sell a kidney to pay for it. I think that Tupperware prices in the US are a bit steep, but here they're astronomical!



Martijn and I tried some new salad recipes this week. The two keepers are the Sizzling Sausage Salad and the Bistro Dinner Salad.

I need to keep a notebook on me at all times because I always think of clever things to blog about and then promptly forget them. I can't be the only one with this problem, can I?

Be sure to check out my GIVEAWAY this week! There are only 17 people entered so far, so you have a pretty dang good chance of winning.

Friday Fragments?

11 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

Oh, I loved your carrot comment-too funny. My, you are a giant! :)

I've had Tupperware pieces for at least 25 years; they sure are durable, and I like that you can have pieces replaced for free if they are cracked or whatever.

Off to enter your Giveaway and check out this amazing bowl!!!

Vonlipi said...

I have notebook on me at all times and I don't write all the clever things I want to blog about!!!

When I take walks, I start mind blogging and I find myself so witty...and I get home I prompty forget all! :)

Noodle said...

I always think of fun stuff to let every one know about but I always forget when I sit down to write... Not sure if its just my hormon riddled brain or me...hehehe how silly "little sister is kicking the computer... I think she wants to say hi to you =) "hi aunt kimmie"

Christi said...

I love that quote! I think with tv and all that stuff we feel like we need to be entertained. It is something I am trying to get through to my kids, if you spend all day in front of the tv you don't know how to use your brain and think of stuff to do.

Silly question, is the j in Martijn's name silent? (So that it is said like Martin). I am one of those weird people that likes to know how to pronounce things.

Sonya said...

I rented the Hogfather for the boys and I loved it just as much. I didnt even know they had tupperware parties here! I am missing out on mnay things I think..lol

Becky said...

My, you do have mighty BIG hands, LOL!

Thanks for stopping by my blog on my special day! I loved all your comments and getting to meet so many wonderful people:)

JeanieE said...

I've learned to write everything down. Except, the problem with that is that I have tons and tons of little random peices of paper with things written on them, making it a headache to find things. :)

Can I just say that I too found that carrot very amusing! It reminded me of "Alice in Wonderland."

Thanks for blogging! I love reading your posts!

Sharinskishe said...

I have a notebook all the time too. I call it my brain. I even have bookmarks and a duct tape pen holder on it. I am blogging about it on Make-Do Monday on July 20th.

I love your carrot photo and the idea that your imagination created a giant hand holding a regular sized carrot. Too funny!

Have a great weekend. Will be visiting soon........

Shari

brainella said...

You know -- I have to agree about the bowl. There is a divine power in having the correct tools to accomplish the job. :-)

Rebecca Jo said...

I learned ... I do keep a notepad in my purse for when blog ideas hit! :)

I totally laughed at the idea that the carrot was normal size... that was a brain trick like no other there!

4 Lettre Words said...

Thanks for the tip on the movie!! Love that little carrot.

Have a great week!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails