Sunday, July 05, 2009

Menu Plan Monday- July 6, 2009

I didn't actually do too much "cooking" last week because it was just too bloody hot. I'm a desert dweller, this humidity is for the birds! I did foil packets with fish one night and pork one night on our little electric grill. That seems to work really well, and it doesn't cause smoke and obvious signs that we're grilling something on our balcony (since -technically- we're not supposed to BBQ out there).

I made some minor adjustments to the Cold Spaghetti Salad- Black olives instead of green, salami instead of pepperoni, and ditched the second mentioning of the Italian dressing. It was very good, so we decided we could add it into the rotation.

click the banner and "Menu Plan Monday" for more menu planning ideas

It's supposed to be slightly cooler this week, but I'm still going to take things easy. Monday we're going to the in-laws for dinner. The rest of the week:

Taco Salad (again, it's just too easy to throw together!)

Spinach Salad and Drumsticks

Foil Fish Packets - I want to try something a little different than last week, but I'm not sure what yet. Any suggestions?

Lighter Sesame Chicken

Capucijners- These are "field peas." I wasn't familiar with them in the US, but they're pretty nice. There's a Maggi seasoning mix that we like to use with these. It's my backup meal for this week since the ingredients won't go off if I don't need to make it.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

It is hard to cook when it's so hot. I just want to be taken to a nice air conditioned restaurant. Unfortunately, that never happens!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails