- For as long as I can remember, my parents have called me Ralphetta Rooney. In recent years, this has been shortened to Ralph. No one seems to have an explanation for this, and it's also the reason I named my little monkey faced cat Ralph.
- According to my husband, I have a "strange obsession" with the color orange. I don't think it's really strange at all. The world would be a truly better place if more things were orange, really! The fact that we have an orange car was a complete coincidence.
- I have no sympathy for short people who complain that their pants are always too long and the sleeves on their shirt hang down past their fingertips. There is an easy solution for that. If you can give me an easy solution for adding inches that would look reasonable, then maybe we can discuss my sympathy boycott.
- When I was little (haha as if I was ever little), I burned my head on the light bulb in a refrigerator.
- I was very disappointed to find out that appelstroop was not some sort of delicious apple syrup as the name would lead you to believe, but a thick black tar of nastiness that my husband really likes to eat on bread.
- When I worked at RadioShack, my nametag said Kim with SuperStar beneath it. It was pretty awesome.
- People usually misspell my last name over here because it ends in a double L. Dutch words never end with two of the same consonant. Apparently names fall into this rule as well and I'm forever trying to correct it. I'm pretty sure the doctors office still has it wrong even though I tell them to fix it every time I go. I'm used to people misspelling Kimberley (they always leave out the extra e), but the last name was a new one for me.