Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Mini Raspberry Crisps

Since I've had the opportunity to pick berries this summer, I'm putting them to good use! These little crisps are made in a muffin tin. I imagine you could use whatever berry you like. I've tried blueberries and raspberries so far. I bet blackberries would be way good, and maybe even strawberries. If you're going to get all wild and crazy I think peaches or nectarines would be good too. I guess what I'm saying here is: Get creative!

Raspberry Crisp

Mini Raspberry Crisps

1 cup (approx) raspberries
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup oats
Pinch of salt
6 tbsp butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).

Mix together cinnamon, salt, brown sugar, salt, flour and oats. Add the butter and mix well.

Measure about 1/4 cup of "crust" into each muffin round. Press it into the bottom and up the sides a little to make a little bowl shaped crust. You will have some of the mixture leftover.

Bake for about 10 minutes.

Add 5 or 6 raspberries into each crust, and sprinkle the remainder of the mixture on top of the berries.

Bake 15 minutes. Leave in the pan to cool.

13 comments:

Lisa said...

This looks really yummy and something I haven't done before. I bet my family will enjoy it. Thanks!

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Looks good!!!! Thanks.

MadeInCanarias said...

This looks really great!

Claudya Martinez said...

I think you should make them and send them to me. Pretty please.

MaRiN said...

These look and sound fabulous! Thanks for sharing.

Amy said...

That looks delicious! I made something similar a few weeks ago. I am going to have to try this recipe soon.

Emily @ Marvelous Recipes said...

Thanks for sharing this delicious looking recipe with us! I sure wish I could reach right in my computer screen a grab one of these!!:)

Tiffany said...

Those look soooo yummy, I might just have to give those a try. I just stopped by to thank you for entering my giveaway and to wish you good luck. Hope to see you around my blog again!

Christi said...

Yumm, this looks delicious. And it could be considered healthy with the fruit and grain.

I also wanted to let you know that I gave you a blog award. I enjoy reading your blog so very much.

mamammelloves said...

OMG! This looks SOOO delicious! I have to try it! :) Yum!

Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! Have a great day! :)

Unknown said...

These look delicious! I've been looking for good granola recipes b/c the bars are expensive for us. Our kids love them. Your recipe is out of the ball park! I can't wait to try it!

I was visiting tipnut.com tonight and found a recipe for kettle corn, yum! I've never made it. I thought it was a complicated thing to make, but it turned out to look easy, so I tried it tonight after dinner and it was delicious :)

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

How delicious! Looks like a great healthy snack.

Wizardress said...

Those look delicious. I'm going to have to try them too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails