Here are the rules:
In accepting this award, I need to do the following:
1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.
In no particular order whatsoever, here are 10 honest things about myself:
- I am useless at coming up with things for these lists. If I repeat some from past lists, I apologize. I'm really just hoping people that read my blog have the memory span of a goldfish (quite like myself, actually) and will always think that I've come up with new and fabulous content.
- I don't have a drivers license here. My Utah license is renewed and valid, but it's not good here after I've been here 6 months... which I think is kinda silly. I mean, they let you drive on it for 6 months but then suddenly say "You need to take some courses and pass the drivers exams." Either make me do the exams up front or don't make me do them at all I say! Here's the super honest part of this tidbit: I'm not sure I want to drive here. Drivers here scare the hell out of me.
- I really really want one of my friends to name one of their children after me. They're all having babies left and right, but no one will do it! Kim's a perfectly good name, and it's even uni-sex.
- Sometimes I can't tell if Martijn is pulling my leg or telling me the honest truth about something. I never believe him when I should, and totally fall for it when I shouldn't.
- I'm forgetting how to speak proper English. The worst part is, my Dutch is still terrible! Now I'm unintelligible in two languages, it's patheic really.
- I have lots of plans for when I become filthy rich. I am still on the lookout for a money tree.
- I need to figure out a new trade. Being a salesperson isn't very useful if your vocabulary parallels that of a mute 3 year old. I'm thinking of being a cobbler, but how do you even get into that trade? I don't know of any elves that could get me into the business.
- If you don't hear from me for the next few days it is because I have been sucked into Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. I figure out the puzzles Martijn can't, and he figures out the ones that I can't. We're a brilliant team!
- My hair is awfully short right now, and I'm considering if I could get away with the ever so popular bedhead hairdo. I'm pretty sure if I tried it Martijn would get that "yes dear, whatever you say" look that he gets when he's thinking "are you completely bonkers?"
- I considered accidentally omitting the rule about posting 10 honest things about myself. That's not very honest now is it?
I am now going to bestow this lovely award upon the following bloggers:
Julia of Brainella the Librarian- Check out her pottery, it's seriously amazing folks.
Kelly of (un)Deniably Domestic- I came across this blog in my perusals of the Vintage Thingie Thursday link-ups. She makes terribly cute knit hats. Am I too old for an apple hat?
Alea of Premeditated Leftovers- This blog has made me extremely conscious of my food waste and how I can make a better effort to use things up instead of throwing them away! She's got some yummy recipes posted too.
Katie Lane of Sunshine and Bubblegum- Katie Lane is the brains behind Traveling the Blogosphere.
Keetha ofKeepie DaNieces Eclectic Stuff- I love reading her VTT posts, they kinda make me want to sneak over and fill my pockets. I wouldn't, but I'd think about it!
Shari of My Practically Perfect Life- I'm not sure which one of us found the other first, but she's been a very supportive friend and I really appreciate it! I love how blogging brings people together.
And my cute friend Leslie who I had a glorious locker partner friendship with in High School. It's really smart to pick someone a foot shorter than you as a locker partner, you can both be in there at the same time and not even notice each other!