Monday, March 09, 2009

Menu Plan Monday- March 9, 2009

click the banner and "Menu Plan Monday" for more menu planning ideas

Last week almost went without a hitch. I realized on Thursday that I didn't have any chicken breasts in the freezer like I thought, so we just had shoarma pitas again (which I did actually have in the freezer!).

My first experience with Quinoa was a good one. The Cream of Quinoa Mushroom Soup was really really good, and I don't really think I'd change anything about that recipe (which is rare).

The Pasta with Tomato and Tuna Sauce was alright and I'll save the recipe for when I need a relatively quick meal.

Thanks to Jessica and Vonlipi for the side dish ideas!

This Week:

Quinoa Casserole- Following on the footsteps of success with the last quinoa recipe, I'm going to give this one a whirl. I might change the spinach to broccoli, but I haven't decided yet.

White Chicken Chili- I don't have a recipe for this. One of the ladies in a group I belong to is moving and was getting rid of a lot of food so I snatched this seasoning mix for it!

Pizza Calzones- This looks like a lot of work, but if I make the whole recipe then we'll have 6 left over to put in the freezer. Now lets just hope it's delicious.

Brown Bag Burritos- New bulk burrito recipe that I'm looking forward to trying.

Chicken a la Mayo- I really am going to make this this week, chicken breasts are on sale so I can restock my supplies!

My in-laws are coming over on Friday or Saturday this week for dinner. I know what I'm going to make for dessert but I haven't decided on the main course yet. Throw your ideas at me people! I need them! I can't think for myself when it comes to things like this ;)

1 comment:

juliwalters said...

Hello! I followed you over from Sonya I believe. I love your recipes and already have plans to try several. Your photos are great as well.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails