Monday, October 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday- October 12, 2009

A recap of last week:

I STILL haven't made that stupid spaghetti squash and it's staring me in the face, mocking me. I WILL make it this week!!

The Bobby Flay Chicken Parm recipe that I made wasn't bad, though it needed quite a lot of tweaking to minimize waste and it could've used a little more flavor.

The 12-Hour Salad is also going to be a carryover to use up leftover bits and pieces of veggies in the fridge.

My veggie casserole TASTED good... but that's about where it ended. It was more like veggie soup in a casserole dish. I'll have to try it again and figure out how to get rid of some of the liquid.

Shoarma is always good and I got to try the whole wheat pitas I bought in Belgium a couple weeks ago. I think I'll stock up on more next time I go since I know they're good now.


click the banner and "Menu Plan Monday" for more menu planning ideas

This week I am choosing recipes that will use up stuff that I have in the fridge, freezer, and pantry. I do have to buy a few things for the Daring Cooks Challenge but otherwise the grocery load should be pretty small.
***
Tacos

Ham and Leek Cobbler

Spaghetti Squash & Red Sauce

Fried "Rice" & Lemon Chicken

Tuna Muffins & Asparagus Soup

Daring Kitchen Challenge- It's a secret til the 14th!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to say I much prefer something not looking quite as expected but tasting good rather then the other way round....

Anonymous said...

I still gotta make my menu for this week!



PS Thank you for stopping by on my special day!

Connie said...

Those tuna muffins look very interesting! I look forward to seeing how they turn out for you!
Have a great week!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails