Thursday, April 16, 2009

Yah, it's more Pyrex- try to act surprised!

I'm such a Vintage Thingie Thursday slacker. I need to amass collections of awesome things to show you people every week, but since I am in a one bedroom European sized apartment (people living in refrigerator boxes under the freeway overpasses have more room than me) I need to keep it reasonable. I have found quite a lot of Arcopal (French Pyrexy things) and a few JAJ pieces but I decided to only buy the ones I really really love and leave the others for someone else.

After I posted my last VTT lamenting the fact that I needed to find more casserole size dishes, I managed to find about four the next week! Sticking to my "Do I really love this?" creedo, I only brought two home.

New Oval Casserole

This is the oval casserole dish from the Fiesta series, manufactured in the late 60s.

Picture 2328

The pattern name on this one is Kent and it's a rectangular casserole.

Check out more Vintage Thingie Thursday fun @ Coloradolady!

P.S. If you're here from clicking on the Mr Linky on coloradolady's blog, you might want to read my post yesterday about Snap Links!

19 comments:

Sonya said...

Wow those are so great! My kitchen is teenie weenie aswell and I have offically run out of room in there. There are so many appliances and dishes I want but I cant buy anything else until we move into a larger place. Are you finding all of these and sencond hand stores?

Donna said...

love your pyrex ..from one pryex lover to another lol

Kacie said...

I have tried a roast in the crock pot but only on work days, where it ended up staying in too long, I think! I must try it again. One of my dilemmas with a roast is... what kind of meat do I buy?

Roslyn said...

Pyrex is really ageless, dated only by the motifs, the quality doesn't seem to change it's always reliable. I have one bowl still from my Mum.
Happy VTT

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Thanks for stopping by the vintage pyrex is great, and those ham a cheese pastries look like something that I am going to have to try.

Unknown said...

Those are really pretty! :)

ClassyChassy said...

Nice dishes! I have an earlier version - not as cute as these, nor as endearing!

Bea said...

I love those casseroles. I've never seen those patterns before. You chose the right ones, I'd say.

Beca said...

hi, your pyrex dishes are great. I have a few of these passes down from my mother. But mine aren't rectangled they are round. Have a great weekend!

CC said...

I love your casseroles..they're just wonderful with those bright pretty colors. Happy VTT and hope you have a lovely weekend.

marian said...

i never tire of vintage pyrex dishes and your casserole dishes are one of a kind...gorgeous graphics ssoo retro..LOVE EM!!

Coloradolady said...

As always..you have some great pyrex pieces. Loved them. Of course, I have not seen these patterns at all.

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

your pyrex reminds me in the 70s & 80s.. my mom got tonnes of it.. hehehehe but now dont ask where it went.. hehehehe.. I love your pyrex. thanks for sharing and have a great day!

Miri said...

Great casseroles...love the Fiesta!

Salmagundi said...

Those are great - such bright, charming designs. Those are different from any I've seen in the US. Fun post! Sally

Jessica said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I love Pyrex and how fun to find some vintage stuff.

Have a great weekend!!

Sharinskishe said...

I love Pyrex too. It is really a good median to cook with. Cast Iron is my number one choice for cooking and baking, and then it would be Pyrex.

I love your vintage finds, I don't have any vintage, all I find at DI are present and near present patterns or plain. But that is fine too. I have to be careful and just oooohh and aaaahh when I see a piece because I already have way tooooooooo muuuuuuuuuch stuff in my kitchen and house!!

Have a great day and try not to be tooooooo excited about next week. It is next week isn't it?

I hope the weather is great for you and your plans!!

Thanks for sharing with me.

Shari

Wizardress said...

You know, I have one of those too, my mom in law gave it to me. It's little, round and oh so cute.

xxx Hope you have a great weekend

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I love your collection! I adore vintage things, especially cookware.
Thanks for entering my giveaway and stopping by my blog, I appeciate it.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails