Saturday, June 30, 2012

FAIL

I'm rather bummed out right now. I was on track to meet my goal of 400km biked in the month of June when DISASTER STRUCK.

sadcrackedwheel

Yes, that's a nasty crack in my wheel. That's not the only place either, and unless you really have a death wish you don't really want to be biking on an aluminum wheel that's cracking all over the place.

I ordered a new one last Tuesday that should have only taken a couple of days to come in but when we finally went back to the bike shop to ask about it they still didn't have it. Their supplier sent the wrong wheel... TWICE. If I'm lucky I'll have the right one on Tuesday.

Since I couldn't figure out how to ride a one-wheeler unicycle bike, I failed at my attempt to bike 400km in June.

I did pretty well though... all things considered.

unmetgoal

337.28km is certainly not shabby, but it's not 400.

If my new wheel ever comes, maybe I'll try again in July.

*****

This rather late F is for Failure post is part of Mrs. Matlock's fantastic AlphabeThursday.

Jenny Matlock

1 comment:

Zair said...

I think it might be time to ask for a discount somewhere because of the inconvenience....

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails