Thursday, June 14, 2012

Deadwood, South Dakota

Another stop on our epic road trip last fall was Deadwood. Now if you watched the HBO series Deadwood and were expecting anything remotely similar to that you would be in for a big surprise! Not a bad surprise, but it's not the wild wild west anymore.

DSCF0720

DSCF0721

We decided to take a bus tour up to the Mount Moriah Cemetery where Wild Bill and Calamity Jane are buried.

DSCF0765

DSCF0730

DSCF0758

DSCF0747


The cemetery was interesting but one of the best things in the tour was the amazing view from the hilltop.

DSCF0762

DSCF0752

I think Deadwood is a fun place to spend an afternoon as a quick pitstop from I-90 on the way through to the Black Hills but I don't think I'd put it top on my list of things to go out of the way to see.

******

I'm linking this D is for Deadwood post up to Mrs. Matlock's AlphabeThursday. Be sure to head on over and check out other people's D posts.

Jenny Matlock

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails