Monday, February 09, 2009

Menu Plan Monday- February 9, 2009




click the banner and "Menu Plan Monday" for more menu planning ideas


I'm trying to get back into the swing of things after being gone for a month.  I figure a good way to do that is to get back to my menu planning so I've got some sort of schedule! We're going to be without an elevator this week so we did grocery shopping on Saturday and I need that to get me to Friday since I don't fancy carrying heavy groceries up 9 flights of stairs (and I've done it before, so I -really- know how much I hate it).

Fabulous Freezer Chicken Drumsticks -- Love this recipe, and drumsticks were on sale. I can make one batch to eat and one batch to freeze.

Marinated Sausage-- My mother in law graciously made us some food to get us through the weekend and Monday and these sausages are one of the things she made us! We'll have soup and a veggie to go along with them.

A Jerky Chicken-- The recipe list on this is insane, but it looks like it's mostly spices and if it tastes good I can make a small jar to keep on hand. I'm going to cut it down to two servings since it's the first time we've tried it.

Hutspot- No recipe for this one. It's a pretty traditional Dutch dish (one of the few) made with carrots, onions, and potatoes and served with a smoked sausage.

Aloha Chicken-- Another one that looks quick and easy. I'm going to add some onions and bell peppers to it as well.

Pork "Stroganoff"-- We discovered this yummy mix that you just need to add bell peppers and strips of pork to, so I decided to make it again since we've got some hamlappen (similar to boneless pork chops) in the freezer.

If you're reading this on a feed reader and are getting weird posts that just say weird unintelligable things like this:

%%RPWi7ROS%%

I sincerely apologize, I'm trying out a new post editor and I think it's still got some issues that need to be ironed out!

3 comments:

Noodle said...

I'm glad your getting back to your normal life... You are like a super cook I have like eight maybe ten things that I'm willing to cook cause I've made lots of uneadable things before so bravo to you... Your a super wife =)

Dianna said...

Your menu looks great! It would be awesome if you could share some traditional Dutch recipes with us. :)

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

Your menu sounds delicious!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails