Monday, September 17, 2012

Menu Plan Monday- September 17, 2012

Last week in my kitchen:

All of the brioche that I could find here had a frosting-like glaze on it and I decided that wasn't going to work so I made the Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Brioche with one of the big round Turkish breads that I cut into quarters and then made it into a little triangle pocket. Martijn really liked it but I thought it was missing something. Maybe some fresh chives or green onions. It didn't taste bad it just wasn't quite all the way there for me.

I really liked the bean cups from the Tuna Salad Bean Cups recipe. I used fresh korriander instead of parsley because in my mind that was a better pairing with cumin and I also had some korriander in the fridge and I didn't have any parsley. I went off on my own tangent a little with the tuna salad so I can't say if it was magically delicious or not but the bean cups are a definite keeper.

I didn't make the Mini Tamale Pies because I was too lazy. Surprise surprise.



Beef and Beet Salad- My father in law picked some fresh beets for me the other night and I roasted them up and will use them in this. I might add in some feta since that's supposed to be a good pairing with beets.

Carrot Souffle and uh... something else... maybe fish.

Taco Soup- I don't think I have a recipe for this. It's essentially stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, ground beef, corn, and onion with a few tortilla chips, cheddar and sourcream plopped on top.

Southwestern Chicken Wraps- These look nice and easy and I have some shredded chicken in the freezer.

That's it for this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails