Monday, September 10, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - September 10, 2012

We had a wildly successful time with the new recipes I made last week.

Starting off with the Thai Chicken Enchiladas. You need to make these!! They were most excellent. I used whole wheat tortillas. I think I'll add a little more cabbage and carrots next time but the flavors were spot on.

The rub on the Blackened Chicken Breast and Cilantro Lime Quinoa with Greek Yogurt Avocado Puree was nice and spicy without being burn your mouth off hot. You don't really need Greek yogurt for the sauce. In fact, I think it would be better with a regular slightly runnier yogurt.

I think there are endless possibilities with the Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps. It really needs the sour cream and probably salsa added inside. As written they're a little dry but the flavors are good.

I took the Cheeseburger Muffins to my North American Women's Club potluck. I used half BBQ sauce and half ketchup, added in a whack of horseradish and doubled the mustard and Martijn and I still thought they were a little bland. Still I think with a few more tweaks here and there they have some serious potential.


This week:

Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Salmon and Brioche- Smoked Salmon is on sale this week. I don't know if I'll use brioche. We'll have to see if I can find it.

Tuna Salad Bean Cups- I found this one on my Pinterest. I don't remember pinning it but it looks promising so I'll give it a go!

Mini Tamale Pies- Ground beef is also on sale this week and I think these look tasty.

Sweet and Sour Meatballs- I have lots of rice leftover from the wraps I made last week so sweet and sour and some fried rice should just hit the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails