- The residents of Utah are called Utahns, but I'm starting to like the term Utahonian instead. It sounds impressive and explosive (sorta like plutonium).
- In 1896, Utah was the 45th state to gain entry into the union.
- Utah is called the Beehive State. Since beehives are associated with industry, "industry" is the state motto.
- Utah is host to a very large stinky pond, otherwise known as The Great Salt Lake. If you smell something awful in the air, you can usually blame it on the "lake stench."
- The state bird of Utah is the... wait for it... CALIFORNIA gull. There are logical reasons for this, but I still find it amusing.
- Utah is reported to have "the greatest snow on earth." This is supposed to make skiing more fun, but I think it's a hoax. Skiing is not fun!
- In 2001, Jello was declared to be the "official state snack." More Jello is consumed per capita here than anywhere else in the WORLD. I think that's rather impressive.
I'm participating in Mrs. Matlock's Alphabe-Thursday! Click the link below to see what sort of other unique things people have posted about.