Thursday, April 29, 2010

Boring to Awesome Hat

I don't have much hair so if I'm not careful I end up with a mighty sore sunburned scalp. I had an awesome hat once upon a time that I wore everywhere, but it started having one of those "You wore me way too much" smells that just wouldn't die. So, I gave it up. I've been on the search for a decent hat ever since. I have patterns to make hats but sometimes it's just less work to keep looking!

On Tuesday the weather was GORGEOUS so I went to the market and popped into a couple of stores while I was in the city center. I think I tried on about 30 hats and since none of the mirrors were higher than chest level, I had to do a lot of knee bending to see my head. It probably looked rather comical to anyone watching, but I was not impressed! I finally found this plain white cap. Amazingly boring, but it was a cute style and I figured I could do something about the boringness.

Some ribbon trim and a button later, and boring turned into awesome!

Hat Makeover

I think it turned out pretty cute.

New Hat- Transformed

10 comments:

Spotted Sparrow said...

Super cute!

Amy said...

I LOVE that hat! Really, you are a woman of amazing talents. What a great idea, and the hat is darling.

Irishangell said...

very cute and summery. I know how you feel about chest height mirrors. I thought when i moved that i'd be in the land of giants (so I heard) but no, apparently that is only the men!

brainella said...

It's totally cute. You are so crafty!

sharonm said...

I agree with you. It is totally awsome!!
Did you try washing your other hat? Sometimes it is amazing how nice they turn out.

Connie said...

Too cute!!!
At 5'2'' the mirrors might have worked for me. My husband is 6'4'' so we've always got issues over height going on around here - particularly with the shower head! :)
Again, love the hat!

4 Lettre Words said...

It turned out SUPER cute!! Love a good hat.

Noodle said...

I've always looked funny in hats... But you look super cute in that I hat I love it!!! I've hadd issues with mirrors being to tall but never to short... =) I guess there are benifits to being short =)

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

It's really cute! uh-oh, it's white though. Better buy a back up. I can never keep white things clean.

Side Street Style said...

Hey just dropping in from SITS...great blog...really enjoying it. Love this little hat DIY project...that hat looks really cool and made me smile. Where in the Netherlands do you live?? I lived in Amsterdam for 7 months and loved it :)

Laura x

www.sidestreetstyle.com

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails