I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow and I think if I miss another week of fragmenting my mom is going to start some sort of revolt against me so I'm setting this to autopost at 12:01.
The reason I'm going to be gone all day tomorrow is because I'm going to a Christmas market in Germany. I'm SO VERY excited! This will be my first time so I'm going to take my camera and be snap happy.
I finished up my Christmas tree skirt and put it on the tree. I was too impatient to decorate the tree before I took a picture, thus I "Picniked" in some ornaments so the tree wouldn't feel naked and exposed on top. I'm so happy with my skirt, I want to make a hundred more just because it's so fun to see how they come together and look amazing!
This Saturday is looking quite busy. Martijn got wrangled into being a jolly old man for a couple of hours in the morning and then we're going to a new friend's house for delicious authentic Spanish food! Inbetween we need to get our Saturday errands done. Normally I'd just take care of the weekend errands tomorrow so we didn't need to worry about them, but I WILL BE PLAYING!
Do you send out Christmas cards? I feel like Scrooge because I don't and I've gotten a whole bunch from people. Maybe I need to change my Scroogey wayward ways? What do you think?
We celebrated Sinterklaas last weekend. It was supposed to be "scaled down" a bit this year, but I'm not entirely sure everyone got the memo because I felt like I made out like a bandit. I got a salad spinner (which I've been wanting for awhile), a silicone muffin pan, a very snuggly warm blanket and bunches of warm socks among other goodies. It's tradition to attach a funny poem to the gifts and my mother in law wrote poems for nearly EVERY gift... we didn't get home until 2 am! I was happy though because I understood at least 90% of them and the other 10% both Martijn and his dad thought were really way too hard!
The Pineapple Upside Down (cup)Cakes were a hit yesterday. I am quite impressed with the photo I got of them too. One of the guys who had seen the picture before they came over said "Oh, was that YOUR picture on your blog? I thought it was professional." Nope, just me and my little pink point and shoot. It does give me some good pictures if I can get the light just right. Having the light just right here in the land-o-darkness is getting increasingly difficult. I hate it when the sun is disappearing at 3:30 in the afternoon. I'm telling you it's just plain ridiculous!
Don't miss out on all the fragmented fun over at Mrs 4444's Half Past Kissin' Time.