I was browsing the CRAFT zine blog the other day and came across this post with a cheeseball snowman and I couldn’t get it out of my head! I knew I had to make one. I made up my own cheeseball recipe instead of the pickle one she used in the post. It’s hard to find a decent pickle in this country, and I’m not sure if I’ve ever even SEEN pickle relish here before!
My Version of a Cheeseball Snowman
- 3 blocks (200 grams) cream cheese +100 grams softened and whipped cream cheese, set aside
- 150 grams shredded cheese (I used a cheddar/swiss/something else that was probably Gouda mix)
- 50 grams bacon bits (or fry up your own bacon until it’s really crispy and crumble it up)
- 2 green onions, sliced finely
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced You can add other various herbs and spices to get it to taste how you like, but the above ingredients are a good start.
Mix all ingredients (except whipped cream cheese) together and mold into one large ball and one small ball. Refrigerate until firm.
Put the small ball on top of the larger ball, snowman style, and spread the softened cheese over the top until it looks smooth and pretty!
Now comes the fun part! Use your imagination, but here’s what I did:
- Arms- pretzel sticks
- Eyes & Buttons- Olives
- Nose- Teeny Pickle
- Mouth- cherry tomato, seeded and sliced into a smile
- Scarf & Hat- long strip of carrot (use your veggie peeler) and small slice from the fat end of the carrot and a slightly larger chunk from the thin end
Check out Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam for more yummy eats!